The Rise Of Veganism
So many reasons to go vegan these days. What seemed to be a trend is becoming bigger each day, and more and more people are thinking about making the change.
- Less likely to develop heart disease, cancer, diabetes and high blood pressure
- Meat and processed meat are full of hormones, cholesterol and saturated animal fat
- Meat and processed meat are often contaminated by bodily fluids, bacteria and feces and, for that reason, are often the cause of disease and poisoning
- By eating vegan, you’ll eat more fiber, magnesium, potassium and other vitamins and less saturated fat, which is bad for your health
- You’ll have more energy and feel less tired
- You’ll have an easier time maintaining your weight
- Save an enormous amount of water
- Reduce methane and nitrous oxide production
- Reduce CO2 production
- Reduce the destruction of topsoil and tropical forests
- Help ensure environmental sustainability
- Reduce the ecological footprint
Naturally, with the vegan lifestyle gaining popularity, there are new trends in food every day, particularly in pastry and baking. More and more companies want to embrace the movement, so a lot of new vegan desserts, such as vegan ice cream, bars, cakes, are appearing in supermarkets.
Vegan baking tricks
Substitute for eggs
- Flaxseed mixed with water
- Silken tofu
- Baking soda mixed with vinegar
- Aquafaba (chickpea water)
Fats – substitute for magarine and hydrogenated oils
- Special brands of margarine, such as earth balance
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Soy milk
- Almond milk
- Oat milk
- Coconut milk
Apple sauce, soy yogourt, date puree, nuts, seeds
They are all great alternatives for perfect pastry recipes.
Jessica Pastries And Veganism
Although we aren’t a vegan pastry supplier, we want to be a part of this lifestyle. Every customer is important to us, and we think everyone should have an opportunity to eat dessert easily.
Partnership with Végane, mais pas plate!
A new project in 2019, the creation of the vegan Christmas Yule log for the Végane, mais pas plate! team.
It was a great challenge, and we wanted to create a fun alternative for vegan families and a dessert that everyone, whether vegan or not, could love.
The choice of hazelnut and chocolate was an easy one because it’s a match made in heaven and because it’s a flavor combination that everyone loves.
We wanted to create the vegan twin of our bestselling cake, Le Rocher, and the result is simply delicious!
Végane, mais pas plate! is a young couple that became famous for their appearnce on a reality TV show. Jessie Nadeau and Pascal-Hugo Caron-Cantin used their fame to spread their message about the benefits of veganism. Their first book, published in 2018, has sold over 35,000 copies. Partnering with this young, dedicated and inspiring team was a super opportunity for us.